April 11, 2012

:: an invocation for beginnings ::


ashow.zefrank.com
let me think about the people i care about the most, and how when they fail or disappoint me, i still love them, i still give them chances, and i still see the best in them. let me extend that generosity to myself.

let me find and use metaphors to help me understand the world around me and give me the strength to get rid of them when it's apparent they no longer work.

and let me remember that my courage is a wild dog, it won't just come when i call it. i have to chase it down and hold on as tight as i can.

let me not be so vain to think that i'm the sole author of my victories and a victim of my defeats.

let me remember that the impact of criticism is often not the intent of the critic.

and when i eat my critique, let me be able to separate out the good advice from the bitter herbs.

let me not think of my work only as a stepping stone to something else. and if it is, let me become fascinated with the shape of the stone.

there's no need to sharpen my pencils anymore. my pencils are sharp enough. even the dull ones will make a mark.

and God, let me enjoy this.


No comments:

Post a Comment